|Long Lake, NY
Weather - Sign our guestbook. - Live Video from Adk Acres
Local Weather Exchange®
Full Advisory Text
Warning Description: Lake Effect Snow Advisory
Warning Date: 3:48 PM EST on February 9, 2016
WarningSum:...Lake Effect Snow Advisory In Effect From Noon Wednesday To
6 Pm Est Thursday...
Warning Message:The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a lake effect
Snow Advisory...which is in effect from noon Wednesday to 6 PM
* Locations...Herkimer and Hamilton counties.
* Hazard types...snow and blowing snow.
* Snowfall accumulations...4 to 8 inches.
* Timing...bands of snow will develop Wednesday
afternoon...especially across northern Herkimer and Hamilton
counties. The bands are expected to gradually shift
southward...into central and southern Herkimer County and
southwest Hamilton County Wednesday night and Thursday.
* Impacts...hazardous travel conditions due to falling snow...
* Winds...west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures...in the upper 20s to lower 30s Wednesday
afternoon...falling into the teens Wednesday night...then rising
into the 20s on Thursday.
A lake effect Snow Advisory Means Lake-effect snow is forecast
that will make travel difficult in some areas. Lake-effect snow
showers typically align themselves in bands and will likely be
intense enough to drop several inches in localized areas. Use
caution when traveling.
Weather and Weather Underground
Never base important decisions on this or
any weather information obtained from the Internet
Automatically by Ambient Weather's Virtual Weather Station V13.01